The following list contains the top six Grand Canyon Skywalk fun facts
- The skywalk was completed on March 20, 2007. However, the general public was not allowed to preview this masterpiece until March 28, 2007.
- The skywalk is the world’s highest man-made structure, standing at 2,300 ft.
- The skywalk is a glass-bottomed structure on the West Rim of the canyon that extends over the canyon and you can peer down at the canyon below.
- When you look at the floor you can see a thousand foot drop below the glass walkway.
- You will also enjoy the incredible views around the building south of the entrance where you have the opportunity (that is if you are a thrill seeker) to walk up to the very edge of the chasm with no guard rails. (An acrophobia person should skip this one.)
- Photography is strictly prohibited. The claim is that they don’t want anything falling into the canyon. However, the reason may be more related to their attempt to up sell you some of their own “homemade” photos. Either way it is quite an experience.
Additional Grand Canyon Fun Facts Categories you may be Interested to see:
Grand Canyon Fun Facts – The following is a list of the most popular Grand Canyon Fun Facts for kids and adults. Included are many cool Grand Canyon science facts such as the lizards that shoot blood from their eyes…READ MORE
Grand Canyon Most Dangerous Places – Because there are so many trails, cliffs, mountain edges and deadly wild life, the Grand Canyon has some very dangerous places that every visitor must be aware of. If you are planning a trip on one of these dangerous excursions, you should always be aware of where the closest ranger station is along with the best course of emergency action…READ MORE
Grand Canyon Fun Facts about Hollywood Movies – As one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon has been the host of some of the biggest Blockbuster movies that have ever been filmed. With breathtaking scenic views, various hiking terrains, unpredictable weather and miles of wilderness, the enormous canyon proves to be the perfect backdrop for a wide range of movie genres...READ MORE
Grand Canyon Fun Facts on Best Places to Take Pictures – Because there are so many great places to take pictures throughout the Grand Canyon, it can be extremely difficult to narrow down the best places to take pictures. For anyone that has visited the beautiful canyon, it is very apparent that some spots in the magnificent canyon provide an uninterrupted, 360-degree view of the incredible landscape…READ MORE