Grand Canyon South Rim Fun Facts
- The Grand Canyon South Rim is the most popular tourist area in the Canyon. (The North & Inner Canyon are more difficult to access.)
- The Grand Canyon South Rim is Arizona’s number one overall tourist attraction.
- The Pueblo people revered the Grand Canyon as a holy site.
- The South Rim is the main Grand Canyon routes. (The North rim is secondary but is closed during the winter months.)
- The first European, while searching for the seven cities of gold, viewed the Grand Canyon in 1540.