To speak with a representative directly about your hotel options, call (855) 732-4570
(Operators available daily from 6 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.)
The entrance fee for the Grand Canyon National Park is $25 for each private vehicle. For anyone that is riding a bike or motorcycle, is on foot or part of a non-commercial tour group, the entrance fee is $12 per person.
Because the park is so large, the admission fee is valid for seven days and includes access to both the South and North Rim. Unfortunately, refunds are not issued if bad weather presents itself.
2017 Free Admission Days
The Grand Canyon National Park does offer free park access during the following days in 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – January 16:
- Presidents’ Day – February 20:
- Weekends of National Park Week- April 15-16 and 22-23
- National Park Service Birthday – August 25
- National Public Lands Day – September 30
- Veterans Day Weekend- November 11-12
Please Note – Tour, lodging, reservation and concession fees are still applicable during these time periods unless otherwise notified.
Buying an Entrance Permit
All South Rim visitors can purchase park permits at the any one of the canyon’s entrance stations. In addition, permits may be purchased at the following locations outside of the park:
- Flagstaff, AZ – Flagstaff Visitor Center
1 East Route 66 – (928) 774-9541
- Valle, AZ – Chevron Travel Stop
- Williams, AZ – Williams Visitor Center
200 West Railroad Ave. – (928) 635-4061
- Tusayan, AZ – Due south of the parks South Entrance
- Grand Canyon Trading Post
- Best Western Squire Inn
- Canyon Plaza Resorts
- Canyon Flight Trading Co.
During the Busy Season from the Middle of May to the Middle of October:
- RP’s Stage Shop
- Red Feather – Visitors Only
- GRCA Steakhouse
The Grand Canyon National Park offers all visitors the option of purchasing an annual pass for $50 and a National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass for $60. In addition to the park’s entrance fee, camping and lodging is charged on a per night basis. Reservations for these accommodations are required and are recommended to be made at least 9 months in advance.
Because lodging and camping accommodations fill up quickly, it’s important to make a reservation as far in advance as possible.